I write good content for businesses doing good. Social media shouldn’t be the detriment to your mission and life’s work. Let’s thrive together!
Social media is ubiquitous. That’s the obvious answer. I also grew up with social media (remember when you had to petition Mark Zuckerberg to get your school’s .edu address onto FB??). I’ve watched it grow and change and evolve. I love it.
I also hate it at times. It’s gotten overwhelming, saturated, noisy. It’s become a requirement to keep up with daily life, and it’s exhausting. I’ve taken extensive breaks, and learned how to have a successful business spending less time on it.
Why social media?
- Despite all its flaws, you know social media is required for businesses these days. It’s where your customers are and it’s where you’ll get the most reach.
- Like it or not, social media builds community. And it can build positive community if we curate it so. Businesses like yours are built for that.
- Social for Good was created to help you be the clear voice that cuts through the noise, to reach your customers, and create a positive impact.
Social media is a very effective way to build community and reach thousands, if not millions, of likeminded customers and fans where they live – their phones. Creating positive, meaningful content that supports your brand’s mission and gives people a worthwhile way to engage on social media is, frankly, imperative.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- How do you feel about being on social media every day?
- Do you feel like you spend too much time on your phone?
- Is your business time and personal time getting muddled because of social media?
- Have you daydreamed about quitting social media for good?
Consider these questions thoughtfully, and let me know how you’re feeling. Running a business with an important mission is overwhelming, but we are better together! I am here to help you grow your community and outreach so you can focus on what you do best – your impact.